We constantly come into contact with viruses and bacteria and often don't even realise it. Our immune system is a wonderful thing that defends our body from invaders. It recognises microbes and pathogens, produces antibodies and destroys them. We need to support our immunity through diet, exercise and stress management. All three are crucial to good health.
For years I've advocated a plant based diet and supplemented with my wheatgrass powder and chlorella tablets. These are both complete natural foods and a great addition to your diet. However, due to COVID-19 I recommend a few other supplements alongside to boost and protect you during this time. Please email me for a full COVID-19 protocol.
Vitamin D3 : Facilitates normal immune function and helps fights disease.
Why would you be deficient in D3?
1. You spend large amount of time in doors.
2. You live in country that doesn't have a lot of sunshine hours
3. You wear sun block when the sun does come out
4. You have darker skin.The higher the levels of melanin, the less vitamin D the skin can absorb.
5. You live in a polluted city
Get a blood test to check your vitamin D levels. High doses can be toxic taken over a period of two months. I also recommend you take D3 with K2 to regulate calcium intake.
How much should you take?
1000-4000 IU or 25-100 micrograms daily.
Vitamin C and Zinc