I started sprouting living foods after studying at the Hipprocates Health Institute. They are 30 x more nutritious than any fruit or vegetable. I love watching them grow literally over night and I get to control every bit of the process.
Having lived in Gozo in Malta for 12 years, my attitude towards breakfast dramatically changed and I learned to live a healthier, plant-based, vegan lifestyle.
I creates this recipe for a yoga retreat I held in my home. I love the combination of zesty grapefruit, fresh ginger and lemon and the figs add just enough sweetness
This is definitely my favourite summer breakfast. If I close my eyes I can imagine sitting under the pergola in my Mediterranean garden eating this colourful bowl.
- 1 x cup of sprouted mung beans
- 1 pink grapefruit
- An inch of finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 fresh fig/1 peach/1 apple
- 4 chopped brazil nuts
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 2 x teaspoons of ground mixed seeds
- Place mung beans in a bowl
- Remove skin and pith from grapefruit. Cut segments into small pieces
- Add finely chopped ginger and brazil nuts
- Squeeze the lemon juice over
- Cut the fig into small pieces
- Place all the ingredients into the bowl and mix
- Sprinkle the mixed seeds over the bowl to serve