I absolutely love flapjacks and since turning to a plant based diet decided to try and make a dairy free healthier version. After several attempts i came up with these. Healthy, nutritious and delicious. You can of course use gluten free oats if you are dairy intolerant.
The trick is to leave them in the fridge long enough for the coconut oil to harden. Don't forget you have to use baking parchment to lift them successfully out of the tray or disaster strikes!
Once again with most of my recipes you can add all sorts of seeds, berries, nuts, dates to your mix. Have a go and let me know how you get on.
- 100g soft dates
- 2 tablespoons of raw coconut oil
- 150g organic oats
- 1 tablespoon of agave syrup
- pinch of salt
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- small amount of water to mix
- Place dates, coconut oil and salt into a food blender.
- Add a little water slowly to the blender so the mixture becomes gooey
- Place all the other ingredients into the blender and pulse to form a dough
- Line a baking tray with parchment
- Using the back of a spoon spread the mixture over the tray
- Put the flapjacks into the fridge for 2 hours until set
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge