I started sprouting living foods after studying at Hipprocates Health Institute. They are 30 x more nutritious than any fruit or vegetable. I love watching them grow, literally over night and i get to control every bit of the process.
Having lived in Gozo, Malta for 12 years, breakfast dramatically changed. I learned to live a healthier plantbased vegan lifestyle.
I creates this recipe for a yoga retreat i held in my home. I love the combination of zesty grapefruit, fresh ginger and lemon. The Figs add a touch of sweetness just enough to satisfy.
This is definitly my favouite summer breakfast. If i close my eyes i can imagine being in my mediterraen garden under the pergola eating this bowl of loveliness.
- sprouted mung beans
- 1 pink grapefruit
- inch of fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 fresh fig or 1 peach / 1 apple
- 4 brazil nuts, chopped
- juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- two teaspoons of ground mixed seeds
- place mung beans in a bowl
- remove skin and pith from grapefruit. Cut segments into small pieces removing skins
- add finely chopped ginger and brazil nuts
- squeeze the lemon juice and cover the mung beans
- chop as much or as little corinader as you like
- cut the fig into small peices
- place all the ingredients into the bowl and mix
- sprinkle the mixed seeds onto each bowl on serving